Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's your BIRTH day: September 11, 2008

After laboring at home for 2 1/2 days, we finally headed to the hospital around 4:30 Thursday afternoon. Less than an hour after arriving at St. Joseph's our precious little baby was born. Well, maybe not so little. At birth, our baby was 9lbs 2oz and logged in at 21" in length! I'm sure glad I didn't know all that before the labor began!

I had the most amazing birth experience, thanks to the unending encouragement and support from both Brian and our doula, Mary (as well as visits from my mom, sister and Brian's mom, Rex Ann). It was everything I had hoped for and nothing like I expected all wrapped into one. I feel fortunate that circumstances allowed me to have a successful, drug-free vaginal birth. I'm still processing those couple of days and replaying the events that led to the birth of our baby.

After the delivery, Brian and I spent about 30 minutes acquainting ourselves with our new baby before discovering that the baby was in fact a GIRL! We have chosen the name Luna Clare for our sweet daughter. Luna, is spanish/latin for moon (a special icon in Brian & my relationship). Clare is named after my Grandpa Larson, Clarence who passed away almost 4 years ago.

Enjoy the pictures from Luna Clare's first few hours with her ecstatic, loving family!


The new family of three!

Mom, Dad & Uncle Bob waiting patiently to find out what "it" is It's a girl!
Our incredible doula, Mary.
Thank you for your calming spirit, all your good energy, and unwavering confidence
Oma & Grammy giving Luna her first bath

Brian showing off Luna to his mom

One proud papa

No comments: