Monday, September 22, 2008

Fred Hutch & the Girls

It was busy weekend in the Larson Pahl household. Grammy (Brian's mom) had to return home to California on Saturday morning. All of us piled into the car to drive her down to the train station in Seattle. We hope to see you again soon!While in the big city, Luna visited Fred Hutch. I signed up for gel electrophoresis kits to use with my middle schoolers in May, and Luna got to meet Mary, a dear friend from Redmond High. I know that parents aren't supposed to project their wants and desires on their children (especially at this age!), but being at such an awesome place as "the Hutch", I couldn't help but think of Luna as a Nobel Laureate scientist someday. Thus the pics in front of Lee Hartwells Nobel Prize. I really couldn't help myself.

Mary & future Nobel Laureate Luna Clare in front of Lee Hartwell's award

Mary, Luna & I out in front of "the Hutch"

On Sunday we got a special visit from "the Girls". Jenny, Liz and Ellie all came over to meet Luna, eat lunch, and have a great visit. It was so much fun to have the ladies meet the newest member of the gang (Andrea, we can't wait for you to meet her soon!)
Liz & Luna
Ellie looks like a natural!
Jenny & Tuna Luna
Our final adventure of the weekend was Luna's first trip to Village Books - a local favorite she will come to know very well. We found some great books for Brian's class and a few gift purchases. Luna didn't seem as excited as one might expect being surrounded by such great literature, but give her a little time and I know she'll come around. Right now she really only has one thing on her mind....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend - great fun. I look forward to finally getting to see Luna this week! Oh yeah, nice to see the parents as well.

Ellie said...

It was so fun meeting Luna! Lynnelle, I am in awe of how you seem to already have parenting down to a science! I hope to be half as put together and organized as you are :)